- 42- $27.2 million
- Scary Movie 5- $15.1 million
- The Croods- $13.2 million / $142.5 million
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation- $10.8 million / $102.4 million
- Evil Dead- $9.5 million / $41.5 million
- Jurassic Park 3-D- $8.8 million / $31.9 million
- Olympus Has Fallen- $7.2 million / $81.8 million
- Oz: The Great & Powerful- $4.9 million / $219.4 million
- Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor- $4.5 million / 45.4 million
- The Place Beyond the Pines- $4.0 million / $5.4 million
Lower down the roster:
- Trance- Danny Boyle's mindbender expanding to nearly the same level as The Place Beyond the Pines in its second week of limited release but with only a fraction of the success. More to come on my thoughts soon. It's earned $1.1 million in two weeks.
- The Company You Keep- Robert Redford's film starring every actor of a certain age may well be a low key success story as it earned a $7,000+ per-screen average in its second week of limited release, and so far has earned $400,000.
- The Sapphires-The film that Weinstein famously snatched up at last years Cannes Film Festival only to dump in the spring with little fanfare has earned $700,000 in four weeks of very limited release.
- No- The spectacular Chilean film which was nominated for the Foreign Language Academy Award has earned $1.1 million in nine weeks of limited release-- a solid number for a foreign entry. YAY! A must see.
- Disconnect- The technology-dependent ensemble drama starring Jason Bateman and Hope Davis was the limited winner of the weekend earning $8,000 on fifteen screens for an okay take of $130,000+.
- To the Wonder- Terrence Malick's latest earned $7,000 on seventeen screens with a take of $130,000. A far cry from the wall set by The Tree of Life's $93,000 per-screen average two years ago, but that film had a major push from distributor Fox Searchlight, a Palme D'Or and Brad Pitt. To the Wonder has mixed reviews and a lesser than push from Magnolia Pictures. The film was, however, the top independent download on iTunes.
What did you see this weekend?