Friday, July 6, 2007

Lust, Caution

Just found the poster to Ang Lee's Lust, Caution, starring Tony Leung-- a great actor-- watch In the Mood for Love and 2046 and say otherwise-- I dare you. I'm looking forward to this one because Lee has never disappointed me, with the exception of Ride With the Devil, but that one doesn't count in my opinion. This one is set in WWII- era Shanghai, and since Lee is such a great shape shifter of a director I'll be there. If he can nail a comedy of manners with gay undercurrents (The Wedding Banquet), repressed Austenian corsets (Sense & Sensibility), sexual dysfunction in 1970s suburbia (The Ice Storm), martial arts grandeur (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), comic book wannabe blockbuster (The Hulk-- a bit of a stretch but go with it), and gay cowboys (Brokeback Mountain), all with equal aplomb, I'll be there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...