Thursday, June 17, 2010

Somewhere

I'm know I'm a bit late here but I wanted to mention the elation I feel for the poster and trailer of Somewhere, Sofia Coppola's fourth feature film. It stars Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning, set at the Chateau Marmont on the Sunset Strip. I'm very nervous about this one-- not because I doubt Ms. Coppola's writer\director skills-- she's got in her bones, and her filmography, however divisive proves that (The Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation, Marie Antoinette), but I worry that this one might prove a bit too inside Hollywood priviledge, and therefore might feel like a pretty music video of Entourage or something. I hope not, and pray my fears are put to rest and I eagerly await jumping into the drippy, pristine lost world of Sofia Coppola. Unfortuneately, Focus Features is keeping this one under wraps until December. That just seems wrong, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...