Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bridesmaids

 
Call it something I suppose for a Judd Apatow-endorsed comedy to be headlined by a group of women this time, I suppose that accounts for progress.  The ace of the sleeve I suppose is that it's Kristen Wiig at the center here, and she's freaking awesome.  She's the main reasons SNL is sometimes, kinda funny-- and always elevates the material she has.  I've loved her supporting roles of late in films like Knocked Up, Ghost Town, Adventureland and Whip It.  I just hope this one a hell of a lot better than the trailer suggests; with director Paul Feig (co-creator of Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared), it just might be-- the humor of the those fine shows were always full of the smaller, more subtler variety not so easily designed to marketing powers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...