Thursday, December 17, 2009

Best Original Song Finalists

Here the finalists competing for the Best Original Song Oscar. I'm still pissed at the Academy's music branch for ignoring Bruce Springsteen's amazing song from The Wrestler last year, it was perfect for the movie and an all kick ass song. Also the elimination of Jonny Greenwood's haunting and revelatory score for There Will Be Blood still burns. Anyway, here's the list-- I've tried to include links to ones I could find. Enjoy:

  • "All is Love," Where the Wild Things Are
  • "Almost Over You," My One & Only
  • "Almost There," The Princess & the Frog
  • "AyAyAyAy," The Maid
  • "Back to Tennessee," Hannah Montana: The Movie
  • "Being Bad," Duplicity
  • "Blanco," Fast & Furious
  • "Brothers in Arms," Brothers at War
  • "Butterfly Fly Away," Hannah Montana: The Movie
  • "Cinema Italiano," Nine
  • "Colorblind," Invictus
  • "Depression Era," That Evening Sun
  • "Don't Walk Away," Hannah Montana: The Movie
  • "Dove of Peace," Bruno
  • "Down in New Orleans," The Princess & the Frog
  • "Fly Farm Blues," It Might Get Loud
  • "Forget Me," I Love You, Beth Cooper
  • "God Bless Us, Everyone," Disney's A Christmas Carol
  • "Here," Shrink
  • "Hideaway," Where the Wild Things Are
  • "Hoedown Throwdown," Hannah Montana: The Movie
  • "I Bring What I Love," Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love
  • "I See You," Avatar
  • "(I Want to) Come Home," Everybody's Fine
  • "If Your Wondering," The Lightkeepers
  • "Impossible Fantasy," Adventures of Power
  • "Innocent Child," Skin
  • "Invictus: 9,000 Days," Invictus
  • "Legendary," Tyson
  • "Let Freedom Reign," Skin
  • "Loin de Paname," Paris 36
  • "Ma Belle Evangeline," The Princess & the Frog
  • "My One & Only," My One & Only
  • "Na Na," Couples Retreat
  • "Never Knew I Needed," The Princess & the Frog
  • "New Divide," Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • "New Jersey Nights," Adventures of Power
  • "New York is Where I Live," Did You Hear About the Morgans?
  • "No Time for Love," Simon & Malou
  • "One Day," Post Grad
  • "Only You," The Young Victoria
  • "Other Father Song," Coraline
  • "Petey's Song," Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea," Ponyo
  • "Possibility," The Twilight Saga: New Moon
  • "Raining Sunshine," Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
  • "Running Out of Empty," Lymelife
  • "Smoke Without Fire," An Education
  • "Somebody Else," Crazy Heart
  • "Stu's Song," The Hangover
  • "Take it All," Nine
  • "Through the Trees," Jennifer's Body
  • "Trust Me," The Informant!
  • "Un Bouquet des Violettes," New York, I Love You
  • "We Are the Children of the World," The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
  • "We Love Violence," The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
  • "The Weary Wind," Crazy Heart
  • "When You Find Me," Adam
  • "Winter," Brothers
  • "The Word is Love," Oy Vey! My Son is Gay
  • "You Got Me Wrapped Around Your Little Finger," An Education
  • "You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home," Hannah Montana: The Movie
  • "You've Been a Friend to Me," Old Dogs
There you've got it-- some U2 ("Winter" from Brothers), some Duffy (An Education), Karen O. (Where the Wild Things Are), and some Miley Cyrus. That was exhausting. What are your favorites?

My predictions:

"All is Love," Where the Wild Things Are
"Cinema Italiano," Nine
"Down in New Orleans," The Princess & the Frog
"Take it All," Nine
"The Weary Kind," Crazy Heart

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...