Thursday, December 31, 2009

Roger Ebert's Best of the Decade

As I've mentioned, I don't always agree with Mr. Ebert, but his wealth of knowledge and movie buffery is astounding to me. Also the fact that a person could become famous for said knowledge is pretty amazing, so I respect him. Here's his best of the aughts:

  1. Synecdoche, New York
  2. The Hurt Locker
  3. Monster
  4. Juno
  5. Me & You & Everyone We Know
  6. Chop Shop
  7. The Son
  8. The 25th Hour
  9. Almost Famous
  10. My Winnipeg
runners-up:
  • Adaptation
  • Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
  • City of God
  • Crash
  • Kill Bill: Volume 1 & 2
  • Minority Report
  • No Country for Old Men
  • Pan's Labyrinth
  • Silent Light
  • Waking Life
Surprised Crash didn't make the top ten, since he was so famously behind the movie and interval to it's eventual (and wrong-headed) best picture win-- perhaps he viewed the film again, feeling the necessity to denote it to runner-up status.

I'm working on my best of the decade serious...so stay tuned...hopefully I will have it completed before the next decade....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...