Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Midnight in Paris Trailer

 
Our first glimpse of the latest Woody Allen film, Midnight in Paris.  It's a bumpy ride being an Allen booster, for which I blame my endless passion for Manhattan and Annie Hall back in my teens; both of which are timeless and seminal in my upbringing.  Of course since the glory days of the 1970s and the interestingly reflective and absurdest films of the 1980s, it's been hard...there have been majors ups (Bullets Over Broadway, Deconstructing Harry, Everyone Says I Love You, Match Point and Vicky Cristina Barcelona), yet there's been major downs (pretty much every other film), yet it would be sacrilege to turn away.  I like America's greatest screenwriter, I like Paris, I like midnight.  This one stars Owen Wilson, Kathy Bates, Rachel McAdams, and bearded Michael Sheen and a strangely hidden from the trailer Marion Cotillard.  It opens the 2011 Cannes Film Festival this May.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...