Friday, December 14, 2007

San Francisco Film Critics Circle


BEST PICTURE
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
I love it when critics choices make best picture choices that aren't probable Oscar prospects, especially when I happen to be in awe of said film. I wish Jesse James had more going for it, because it really is an extraordinary film of awe, quiet power.

BEST DIRECTOR
Ethan Coen & Joel Coen, No Country For Old Men

BEST ACTOR
George Clooney, Michael Clayton
As I've mentioned before I don't get the whole Michael Clayton thing, or why Clooney was so rapturously received. It's not bad, I agree it's fairly good, but the film, nor the performance, is hardly the best of anything. I'm in the minority, but there it is.

BEST ACTRESS
Julie Christie, Away From Her

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Casey Affleck, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
The Savages- Tamara Jenkins

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Away From Her- Sarah Polley

BEST FOREIGN FILM
The Diving Bell & the Butterfly

BEST DOCUMENTARY
No End of Sight

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...